Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting HICK-ified

Tonight was the first night of hunters safety. I have a feeling the next three weeks is going to be highly entertaining, (in the most boring way possible.) The average age in the classroom is approximately 12. Jane, Cheyanne, and I feel a little out of place in there. Colten is nice enough to sit through the class with us, but, in the first 15 minutes, he managed to sabotage me. He wrote me a note, (yup, I'm still in elementary school and pass notes,) and the note made me laugh. My teacher stopped the class and asked me what Colten was writing that was so funny. I hung my head in shame and said, "nothing," then felt my cheeks burning like they did when Mrs. Gross caught me passing a note to Kylie Quinn in 5th grade.

The highlight of the night was most likely when we were figuring out which eye was our dominant eye. There was a little boy sitting in the back, probably 6 or 7-years-old, that was right handed, but left eye dominant. When his mom picked him up at the end of class, the teacher pulled her aside and said, "you're son is left eye dominant and right handed. This means that he will probably never be good at anything requiring hand eye coordination."

That is not an exaggeration. That is a quote.

Hopefully his mom didn't look into it too much. He's a crazy old man and really has no idea what he's talking about. According to him, it is now legal to shoot a pheasant hen, which it's not.

That sums up my first night of hunter safety. I'm the 21-year-old in the 12-year-old class that gets in trouble for passing notes and poor little boy is never going to be good at any sports. I can't wait for Thursday night!

No comments: