Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bye Bye Wheaties

After much debate and a holiday season full of delicious baked goods I've finally decided to take the step I've been putting off for a long time.  I frequently have problems with my stomach and don't feel good most days.  Celiacs disease was ruled out, but there was still the possibility of a wheat sensitivity.  I was sick of feeling like crap so two weeks ago I gave up gluten to see if it makes any difference, and I'm having mixed feelings about how things are going.

Pro:  I've felt better for the last two weeks than I have in a long time.
Con:  No more wheat.

I was told to try it for 3-4 weeks and see if it makes any difference in how I feel, but so far it's looking like I'm going to be a gluten free girl.  Goodbye cake and cookies.  Goodbye hamburgers on normal buns.  Goodbye asiago cheese bagels.

I'm still learning what foods are ok to eat and what restaurants to go to.  Any advice and recipes are welcomed with open arms!

1 comment:

BryanEzola said...

This bummed me out :(