Thursday, May 24, 2012

Christmas Miracle

I believe in miracles and yesterday was a mighty miracle.  I had to take two Praxis exams before I would be allowed to teach in Arizona.  Up until January all I had ever heard about the Praxis was that it is a ridiculously hard exam that people take repeatedly before they are finally able to pass it.  Since my assignment in Teach for America is secondary math I had to take the Mathematics Content Knowledge exam.  For the second exam I was told to take Physics Content Knowledge.  I'm still not exactly sure why I was assigned that subject, but oh well.  I took the math exam back in March, but was really nervous for the Physics exam, which was at the end of April.  Halfway through the test I completely zoned out and started thinking about what I wanted to do for my birthday, what we should do the next weekend when Rachel was in town, and pretty much anything else I could think of that was not related to Physics.  The test was not going well and I had given up.  A couple days later I signed up for the next Praxis exam that was available because I was 99.9% sure I failed.  Well, that 0.1% chance pulled through.  Scores were released yesterday and I passed!  I'm going to be a teacher!  Yahoo!!!!

No comments: