Monday, May 21, 2012

Dreams of a Crazy Person

I think a decent percentage of my posts are about weird dreams I have.  Here's another one of those posts. I just had a dream that I was getting chased around this mansion by all these different spooky characters.  At one point I was running with Eddie Murphy and we were running from a ghost ( Haunted Mansion, anyone?)  After what felt like hours of running I found myself in a large open basement with a jungle gym in the middle of it.  The giant ghoulish figure was on one side and I was on the other.  I decided the only way I was going to survive was if I bargained with the creature.  I yelled to him to stop and we both got down on our knees.  I was asking what he wanted from me and he slowly started transforming to a high school boy.  He was one of my (future) students and all he wanted was to go to college.  I gave him my motivational speech that I've been practicing in my mind about how all of my students can go to college and he will go to college and the big goal we are going to set to get him there.  This is just a thought that I'm going to throw out there, but I'm thinking that the anxiety of Teach for America is sneaking up on me.  Six days until the big move!

Oh ya, and my best friend gets married today!  Congratulations Stacie and Patrick!!!!


No comments: