Sunday, November 17, 2013

Resolutions

At the beginning of the year I set six New Years Resolutions.  I don't think I have ever actually accomplished all my resolutions.  In fact, I don't think I have ever accomplished one resolution.  I was all about five of them and the sixth was more just for fun.  The sixth also happens to be the only one I've actually completed and will go down in history as the first New Years Resolution I have ever kept. Go ahead and give me a round of applause.  My sixth resolution was to go on a vacation every month of the year.  Some were not that glamorous, but every month this year so far has included at least one weekend out of wherever I was currently living.  My holiday plane tickets are booked so, unless something goes terribly wrong, you can consider this resolution checked off.  Here's a little recap of my last two vacations

For September I was going to go to Flagstaff for a weekend of hiking, but that didn't happen.  The last weekend rolled around and I hadn't gone anywhere so I jumped in the car after school and drove to San Diego to see my friends Rachel and Andy.  The weekend involved lots of eating, sleeping, walking, and talking.  It was actually quite perfect.



Arizona gives teachers the most wonderful gift every October - a full week for fall break!  It's spectacular.  I went with my roommate to her parent's house just outside of Austin, Texas.  This vacation also included a lot of sleeping.  We did spend some time at the University of Texas and checking out Austin, but my favorite part of the trip was sitting at the lake house next to the fire or on the balcony and relaxing during my time off.







No comments: