Monday, November 25, 2013

Theme Song

Let's talk dating for a minute.  I was looking at Facebook yesterday and noticed that most of the pictures of me that have been taken in the last year and a half are pictures of me at my friends weddings.  Cool.  My social life in Phoenix has been more of a complete lack since I moved here last May.  The main reason for that is the fact that I work so much.  And most of the time, I'm honestly ok with that.  I love my job and I love my students and I am almost always happy when I'm thinking about them, but every few months I start to go a little insane.  Luckily my temporary insanity is always just in time for fall break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or spring break so I can take a few days to recharge.  Anywho, as of late I've been attempting to broaden my social circle and occupy my weekends with something other than a stack of papers and my research project.  Anyone who was concerned about my mental well-being and my ability to meet people will be happy to know that I've been dating lately.  It's true, I really have!  My roommate commented Friday night that she was surprised to see me at home and not out with someone.  I'm really not sure how this all started happening.  I've found myself meeting and going out with more people in the last month than I did in the year prior.  Then again, it wouldn't be too hard to beat that considering the fact that I was basically dating one person followed by no one.  After my last outing I noticed a completely unintentional post-dating ritual of mine.  Every time I go out with someone, I find myself listening to the song "I Just Haven't Met You Yet," by Michael Buble within 24 hours.  I got a little chuckle out of that as I was driving to church yesterday morning, singing all the words of my new theme song.





No comments: