Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Introversion

I have one student that frequently eats in my classroom and he frequently points out things about me that he finds strange and unusual.  Today lunch started with him telling me I'm unusually happy most of the time.  I just can't think of any reason not to be happy (other than the fact that my 30 minutes of peace and quiet are being interrupted).  He continued to tell me that I am a strange person.  Apparently, young people are supposed to go out and be the life of the party and center of attention all the time.  He views me as a person that is alone all the time and doesn't socialize.  At this point in the conversation I decided it was time to take a break from the math lessons and teach him a new word:  introvert.  He found the concept to be completely absurd and asked me if I would be one of those old ladies that is in a book club and reads books all day.  I wouldn't mind being a 24 year old who does that!  I unfortunately have a job so I have to leave the book reading for my evenings.  I searched "introvert problems" on pinterest and found these practically perfect images.




No comments: