Sunday, September 18, 2011

Acoustic Chills

You know those little things that make you smile and give you goosebumps?  This post is dedicated to one of those.  My friend Shelby was visiting from Vegas last weekend.  On Sunday morning we went Music and the Spoken Word at Temple Square, which brings me to that favorite thing that makes me smile and gives me goosebumps...

There is nothing quite like the silence in a concert hall at the end of a song.  When there's a large crescendo then all the performers stop at the same moment.  All you can hear is that final sound echoing off the walls and ceiling.  I always get nervous when I can hear the finale coming in the music and worry that someone in the audience is going to ruin that perfect silence with an applause...

But everyone held still on Sunday.  Take the Choir, Orchestra, and Organ at the Tabernacle and you get perfect bliss.

Love.That.Sound.


No comments: