Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Appreciation

Let's be honest.  Going into today I thought, "I have to establish dominance in 1st period!"  Finals are coming up, which means summer is coming up, which means students are getting anxious and behavior is getting bad.  Luckily for me, I was able to establish that dominance this morning when someone got up and walked out of class to answer his phone, followed by a few colorful words to me and about my class when I told him to go back outside after the phone call.  Happy Teacher Appreciation Day Ms. Sansom!  The gifts kept pouring in and I was able to kick someone out of 3rd period as well.

Fast forward to 8:30 tonight.  I just got a text from the student in 1st period that had the colorful language and stormed out.  He was working on his study guide and asking for help.  That kiddo stormed out of my class today because he was so mad at me, then went home and not only did his homework, but asked for help when he got stuck.  I was so happy.  In all seriousness this time, Happy Teacher Appreciation Day to me!

No comments: